The CCB houses a non-circulating research collection of children’s and young adult books. Our emphasis is on books published in the last 5-7 years, but the collection also includes twentieth-century titles of historical significance and storytelling resources.
The CCB collection is cataloged and may be accessed by restricting location to the Center for Children’s Books when searching within the UIUC catalog.
- Course Reserves: Shelved by class and then by author.
- Award Books: Current award winners, including both Bulletin prizes and other major prizes.
- New Books: Up to 12 months old.
- Graphic Novels: Alphabetical by author.
- Storytelling: Includes folk/fairytales, shelved by date and by alphanumeric order.
- Reference: Shelved in alphanumeric order based on spine label.
- Periodicals: shelved by date.
- General Stacks: Interfiled fiction, nonfiction and biography older than 1 year.